Junior Life Saver of the Year (JLOY)
2018-2019 Junior Lifesaver of the Year
Surf Life Saving NSW is seeking nominations for the 2018-2019
Junior Lifesaver of the Year (JLOY) Award. The award is a way for
clubs and branches to recognize their u14 members achievements
in surf lifesaving and the contributions they have made to all levels
of surf life saving as well as within their local communities.
This Development Camp brings together the Junior Lifesaver
of the Year (JLOY) branch winners. The focus of this camp is a
combination of learning through experience and fun. Participants
will be involved in physical challenges, presentations and discussions,
activities and scenarios that require leadership, teamwork and
This year we held an activity program / education session with
interviews being held in the afternoon. Many thanks to
Dean Boyton (Junior Activities Director) who has just taken on the role
Mathew Burazin (Member Services Director)
Michael Janos (Shoalhaven Heads SLSC)
Sean Hendry (NSWSLS)
All the nominees at interview displayed confidence and knowledge about Surf Lifesaving. Their school and extra curricula activities and commitment to volunteer work shows dedication and drive to really make their lives fulfilling.
The procedure for applying for the Junior Life Saver of the Year
(JLOY) for 2018-2019 is as follows.
1. Refer to the following Circular 3579 and please circulate to all interested
u14 Nippers in your club and ensure that the two u14 Nippers that your
club selects complete all the relevant documentation contained in
Circular 3579 and then have their nomination endorsed by your surf
club and then forwarded to the South Coast Branch:
When considering your most suitable candidates please consider the holistic Nipper – SLS, community activities, leadership skills – school/SLS/clubs, awareness of current affairs/club events, initiative to club & community events.
*** Nominees must have completed their Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) at the time of the Development Camp to be eligible for the Junior Lifesaver of the Year award.
2. The club representatives will be interviewed by the South Coast Branch JLOY interview panel as per below;
Date: - Sunday 16th December, 2018
Time: - 10:00am - 4:00pm approx.
Location - Shoalhaven Heads Bowling & Recreation Club
Address - Shoalhaven Heads Road, Shoalhaven Heads
New South Wales, 2535
Lunch - Louise Cafe at the Shoalhaven Heads SLSC
3. The South Coast Branch Junior Lifesaver of Year male and female representatives will be available on February, 2018 at the South Coast Branch Championships carnival being held at Mollymook SLSC as the winners will announced around at lunchtime on that day.
4. When you are selecting the u14 Nippers to represent your club please ensure that the candidates will be available to travel to the Collaroy Center on Sydney's Northern Beaches as they are then required to attend the Junior Lifesaver of the Year Development Camp held for the Monday 15th to Wednesday 17th April, 2018.
The announcement of the Male and Female Junior Lifesaver of the Year will be at the completion of the program around midday on Wednesday 17th April 2019. Parents are invited to join us at this announcement and more information will be shared closer to the date.
JLOY Contact Details
Address - South Coast Branch, 2018-2019 JLOY,
PO BOX 1598,
Nowra: NSW 2541
Contact - Dean Boyton, with any enquiries
Director of Juniors Activities
South Coast Branch
2018-2019 Junior Life Saver of the Year Results
- Congratulations to all those who were nominated the Winners and this year we also awarded a runner-up award for both the male and female nominees as they were also very deserving in their own right as were all the nominees.
Junior Life Saver of the Year Results
Anna Hill - Nowra Culburra SLSC
Charlie Britten - Kiama SLSC
Female Junior Life
Saver of the Year
Male Junior Life Saver of the Year
All the 2018-2019 JLOY Participants at the
South Coast Branch Carnival